How will you make 2018 your best year?
Here are 5 tips that will get you started. Each one is easy and free so no excuses! You’ll see quick results and that feels good. but, maybe even more importantly, they will get you and everyone else thinking creatively.
Let’s get started:
- Gather miracles. Everyday your work creates stories of success. Pay attention to them so you can share them. They are your single greatest marketing tool. Turn them into posts. Share them at events. One organization asks each employee to report their Miracle of the Month. That’s a great way to get started.
- Celebrate little victories. You may be overlooking the small accomplishments while you’re waiting for the big one. Treat each $10 donor like they gave $1000. Honor hard work. Set small goals that are easy to reach, then make some noise. Have a party just because it feels good.
- Create a dream team. Look around at all the great people who share your vision. Choose a few – staff, board members, volunteers, community leaders or donors – to join you on a team. Set a lofty goal and start figuring out how to achieve it. It may be your 2020 plan. Or the beginning of a new collaborative project.
- Open your doors. Invite people to learn about your work and to see it in action. Regularly scheduled tours are a wonderful way to introduce more and more people to your organization. Even if there isn’t much to see, you can share your story in a way that will make them want to know you better. No need to ask for anything but listen carefully to what they offer.
- Be a visionary. Make it your personal challenge to be the one who looks ahead and keeps the dream in mind. This mental shift will impact everything you do. Use this to help you stay focused: there are visionaries and there are missionaries. They are both good but without the vision there is no mission. Focus on what could be. You are the visionary!
So there they are, Top Tips for Nonprofits 2018, 5 easy and free tips to give you your best year ever.